TEPCO offers its clients Absorption Filters, absorb certain harmonic currents generated by a certain load, so that these currents do not reach the network or other neighboring loads. The absorption filters are generally installed as close as possible to those loads generating a high level of harmonic currents.
Two types of absorption filters can be used: (for more information go to Related Links)
a. Passive filters: formed by several L-C branches
b. Active filters: based on electronic inverters
Benefits of Reactive Power Compensation
Our harmonics filters can perform the following:
1. Reduces neutral currents
2. Reduces transformer loading
3. Minimizes impact on distribution transformers
4. Reduces local neutral to ground voltage
5. Lowers peak phase current/average phase current
6. Increases system capacity
7. Decreases system losses
8. Improves power factor on non-linear loads
9. Reduces total harmonic distortion
10. Improves phase current balance
Suitable for the following applications:
- Industrial- printers, extruders, machining, heavy industries: pulp and paper producers, mining, oil and chemical refineries, iron and steel, rubber and plastics, glass and cement, and food processing.
- Utilities- electrical utilities, and water treatment plants.
- Commercial- data centers, telephone centers, and hospitality services.
- Residential- consumer electronics, and personal computers.